500g tagliatelle or spaghetti (or any other pasta of your choice)
2 eggs and 2 egg yolks
30g grated Parmesan/hard cheese
300g lean/fat removed smoked back bacon
- Cook your pasta in salted water (your water should be “as salty as the sea” – taste it before adding the pasta – this is a really important step as your pasta will be bland otherwise)
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, remove the fat from the bacon, cut into small pieces and pop in a large pan to cook
- Mix the eggs, egg yolks and the dried parmesan/hard cheese in a bowl
- Once the pasta is cooked drain it (KEEP THE WATER YOU COOKED THE PASTA IN) and add the pasta to the pan with the bacon in it
- Add the egg/parmesan mix and a little of your pasta water to the pan with the pasta/bacon and keep mixing on a low heat until it has coated the pasta – add a little more of the cooking water until you have a glossy sauce.
- Serve with extra parmesan and cracked black pepper.
- Add a few of your five a day by serving alongside a salad of your choice.